What’s on offer
The OISI programme will support six projects led by established SMEs or start-ups through a programme of innovation and commercialisation support beginning in December 2019 and concluding June 2020.
Each of the six winning projects will receive:
- R&D Support: Introductions to technical support from universities, research agencies and prime space related businesses.
- Free Workspace: A desk for six months at the BASE Bordon Innovation Centre
- Intense Workshops: Six days of Innovation and Launch Readiness Workshops. Includes seminars delivered by experts in IPR, commercial agreements, funding and marketing.
- Bespoke Coaching: An individual action plan for up to seven days of support with a dedicated Innovation Advisor from the Innovate2Succeed programme.
- Partner Matchmaking: Matchmaking with powerful partners – to invest and supercharge your project
- Showcase Event: An opportunity to showcase your solution to investors and potential customers.
- Soft Landing: Discounts on flexible workspace for the subsequent 12 months in any of the Oxford Innovation managed centres across the UK
Unsuccessful applicants will receive invitations to partnering and other OISI events. Subject to eligibility, there may be places available on free coaching programmes delivered by Oxford Innovation or its partners. Discounts may also be available for workspace across the OI network of Innovation Centres.
Bespoke coaching from Innovate2Succeed
Innovate2Succeed, or i2s, is a business coaching programme fully funded by Innovate UK, designed to help you get more value from innovation ideas by introducing better capabilities and resources across your business. It includes free access to the Oxford Innovation business diagnostic tool, GROWTHmapper™. This helps us design a package of support and mentoring that fits your business needs. You will have a dedicated Innovation Advisor to provide 1 to 1 support in addition to the group workshops.
Each of the 6 winning projects will receive:
R&D SupportReal technical support from universities, research agencies and prime space related businesses. We will match and usher you to extreme talent and test facilities. This will be one of the most important aspects of your prize.
Free WorkspaceA desk for 6 months from January to June 2019 - at BASE Bordon Innovation Centre
Intense WorkshopsIncubation Workshops - see details of programme
Partner MatchmakingMatchmaking with powerful partners - to invest and supercharge your project
Business CoachingRegular Business Coaching - from OI experts and specialists. Including a cascade of seminars and workshops on key business acumen (additional to incubation sessions) - IP Protection, Business Law, Marketing, etc.
Planned ShowcaseAt least two opportunities to showcase your solution to investors and or potential customers. We will work with you to develop a strong guest list to make these key moments are successful.
Soft LandingPost incubation - with a discount on flexible workspace for the subsequent 12 months in any of the 25 Oxford Innovation managed centres across the UK
We have over 100 people actively involved in the OI Space Incubator! Now its your turn.
Great networking and ‘know how’ events in 2020.